This past week has been filled with big stories, so I took a look at what I consider to be five of the more interesting ones in my recent column for Runner's Tribe, Running the Rounds. Which five stories did I cover?
- Really, does Tyson Gay stand a chance?
- Multiple drug busts in Russia (of course)...but Jamaica, too?
- Anna Willard chooses 1500m over steeple?
- Geb, Wanjiru and Hall are running...where?
- Alan Webb ends his season?
Hidden within I make the case that athletes not competing head-to-head isn't all that bad, that one athlete is the best in the US right now (and you might be surprised who it is), and that the difference between medaling in the 1500m and steeple is kind of a paradox.
Read more here.